Flappers and Bathing Beauties, Circa 1925

Brunette Wrapped in a Towel, Circa 1925

Sepia Saturday 178 : 25 May 2013It’s odd to see a flapper out of uniform, as it were, but these ladies apparently decided on some fun at the beach instead of the speakeasy. The results speak for themselves. Fortunately they brought along a photographer (or maybe it was the other way around). In any case, these ladies are no doubt dust by now, but it’s nice to think of them as young and pretty and full of mischief.

bathing-beauties-stampboxThese are unused, real photo postcards, printed on photo paper. The design of the stampbox definitively dates these cards as having been printed between 1922 and 1926.

This is my first post in a while, after a very eventful year, and I’m pleased to make it part of Sepia Saturday.

Flapper in a Hat and Stockings  Flapper Brunette, Off the Shoulder Swimsuit  Brunette Covers Herself with a Towel

You may also like...

9 Responses

1. Wendy says:

These postcards are interesting, for sure. The rolled stockings with or without bathing suits make for an interesting look!

2. Nigel Aspdin (Derby, UK) says:

Very saucy…when do we get to see the following couple of photos? !!

3. Alan BURNETT says:

What wonderful photographs. Welcome back to blogging – and to Sepia Saturday.

4. Karen S. says:

What a fun twist to this week’s theme. Very cool!

5. Scandalous scamps! They look like stills from a silent film. Perhaps they were those special postcards sold under the counter to select clientele?

6. Bob Scotney says:

Made me think of ‘What the butler saw.’

7. postcardy says:

Fun postcards! I was surprised to see a new post from you.
    I tried to comment last week, but your comment box seems to be incompatible with Firefox, the browser I normally use. I am on Internet Explorer now–I think it is an old version becasuse I haven’t used it for years and still have XP.

8. viridian61 says:

glad to see you back to blogging! Do you ever post any stamps? You can check out my Sunday Stamps meme.